Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Subhumans (UK)


The Subhumans were a punk band I never really listened to a lot, or really got the chance to get into them, for said reason. I am referring to both punk bands that go by that moniker. The band from Canada, and the United Kingdom Subhumans. However the topic of this post is for the UK Subhumans.

I just gave their new album, Internal Riot a listen. After just one listen, I have to highly recommend it, it is quite a good album (and I believe will definitely get better with subsequent listens, and checking out the lyrics too) of quality British style punk rock, that is more in the old school vein, and when one can tell it is obvious the singer is British (I'm not so great at describing styles of sound). It was self released on Bluurg Records.

Dick Lucas fronts the Subhumans, and he also leads Citizen Fish. Citizen Fish are a band I quite enjoy, even though I still have some stuff to listen to from them. So if you know and like Citizen Fish, then the new Subhumans album is perfect for you. With the new Subhumans think Citizen Fish, but with less ska.

Additional information: Bluurg Records, Subhumans at myspace Citizen Fish, and Citizen Fish at myspace

No comments: